You have spent the last few weeks refashioning your children’s wardrobes and getting them ready for back to school. Is now the time to think about refashioning your old kitchen, the heart of your home? Sometimes the stress of balancing your career, kids schedules and day-to-day life can be overwhelming. One thing that can calm everyone in the home is a well-designed kitchen. Most family time is spent here and therefore it should be a focal point, not an eyesore or source for added stress. Read these tips on simple things you can do to refashion your kitchen and make your kitchen design better on a budget.
- Decide how much you want to spend and stick to it.
- Know how the costs will break down.
- Set aside 20% of your budget for the unexpected.
- Make a list of your renovation priorities.
- Know the details of how you will pay for the project.
- Decide where you will stay while the renovation is taking place.
- Factor in the cost of eating out.
- Create a spreadsheet for your budget and check it often.
- Do some of the smaller work yourself to help lower the cost of labor.
- Avoid extras and deviation from budget.
For the full article and more tips from HGTV please visit http://www.hgtv.com/kitchens/10-steps-to-budgeting-for-your-kitchen-remodel/index.html.
For more information about our plumbing services visit us online or call 941-778-5622.