Spring Pool Maintenance
Spring has sprung, and so has pollen! Pollen, dirt and bugs will collect on the pool surface creating a film. If your pool is in a rental property, this time of year is busier than normal, so there can be build ups of hair and sun tan lotion as well. (This is why it’s always a good idea to rinse before jumping in!)
Here are some spring pool maintenance tips to help keep your pool sparkling and clean.
- Run your pool filter for at least 8-10 hours a day.
- Use the skimmer to remove floating debris.
- Clean the filter every 2-3 days when pollen levels are high.
- Keep the sides of the pool clean by brushing, and vacuum the bottom. You can also run your navigator 24 hours a day and just remove it when the pool is in use.
- Maintain proper PH and chemical levels.
We hope these simple tips will help you to keep your pool as beautiful as it can be. Depending on some other variables such as heavy rainfall, tree coverage around the pool, and whether or not your pool is caged may adjust just how frequently you will need to clean it. The above tips serve as a great “Rule of Thumb” however and performing easy routine maintenance can help to avoid costly repairs or maintenance bills. A pool is a major investment, so why not treat it as such? LaPensee Plumbing, Pools and Air is here for you if you have any questions about your pool system, or if you’d like to set up personalized maintenance with our team of pool experts, give us a call at (941) 778-5622 or visit us online.