Clogged drains never happen at the right time, but is there a right time anyway? Clogged drains are messy and they’re annoying. There are actually a number of at home remedies and solutions that won’t break the bank. Some of these solutions you might already have in your home. Here are some ways to help you deal with them both quickly and affordably.
- One of the simplest solutions is just plain old boiling water. It should be the first attempt you make in resolving clogged drains. Just boil water and pour it down the drain. Wait about 10-15 minutes and see if it resolves itself.
- Homemade solutions are the next step to try if the water didn’t work. We don’t want you to put actual chemicals down the drain. Mix baking soda and vinegar and pour that down the clogged drain. The chemical reaction between the two actually works wonders.
- A plain old plunger can do the job as well. The trick is to be sure there is a seal around the drain, and to have a few inches of water in the sink or tub. Push back and forth for about a minute to try and loosen the clog.
- Drain snakes are a good idea to try also. They are often forgotten about, but can be found in any home improvement store, and typically work in just a few seconds. They grab and pull out anything that is caught in the drain.
- As silly as this might sound, but any type of soda or carbonated beverage could do the trick too. The bubbles can help to break up clogs!
If none of these easy home remedies work, don’t hesitate to call your local plumber. LaPensee Plumbing Pools & Air has been serving Bradenton, Sarasota, Anna Maria Island and surrounding areas for almost 40 years! The quicker you act, the less damage is likely to occur. Don’t hesitate, contact us today!