8 Ways to Save Energy this Summer
LaPensee Plumbing Pools and Air has been serving Manatee County for over 30 years. Over that time we have also been helping our customers save money by helping them with energy reducing tips throughout Florida’s hot summers. We do that through our landscaping tips, energy efficient fixtures, products and systems, as well as our maintenance programs. Keep reading below for some of our top energy saving tips.
1. Buy energy efficient appliances with an Energy Star rating. Appliances with an Energy Star rating help improve your home’s comfort and efficiency.
2. Adjust your thermostat when you’re away from home. You can save as much as 10% on heating and cooling just by simply turning your thermostat up/down by 5°-8° when you’re sleeping or at work.
3. Run a ceiling fan. Ceiling fans won’t cool you off enough to turn off the air conditioner, but used along with your AC, they’ll help keep you comfortable while conserving energy at the same time. They circulate the air in the room which keeps you cool and uses less energy in the process.
4. Keep that lush green lawn watered at dusk and dawn when less water will evaporate. Our irrigation systems are designed to give you 100% coverage with the most efficient water conservation possible.
5. Use low-flow fixtures. These reduce water consumption as well as the cost of heating water by as much as 50% and achieve water savings of 25%-60% according to energy.gov.
6. Fix leaky faucets. Did you know that by fixing leaky fixtures such as faucets, showerheads, or pipes, you can save up to $35.00 per year?
7. Replace your air filter. Changing your air filter is the easiest way to conserve energy. This is something that should be done every three months, if you have a pet, it should be done every two months. When you have a dirty air filter, your air conditioner has to work harder, thus using more energy.
8. Seal your air ducts. Because your air conditioner is running near constantly during the summer, a leaky air duct can increase your cooling costs by 25%.
LaPensee Plumbing Pools and Air wants you to have a cool and comfortable summer, while saving money. According to Energy Star, improper installation of your air conditioning equipment can reduce system efficiency by up to 30% – costing you more on your utility bills and possibly shortening the equipment’s life. Let a professional do it and Contact LaPensee Plumbing, Pools & Air about air conditioning services today!